Best areas to rent in Bristol
We recently wrote a guide to renting in Bristol, so it was only fair we’d also give you an insight on the best areas for renting in Bristol.
Safety, distance from the city centre and local amenities are all-important factors when looking for your new home, so keep reading if you want to find out more about what the city has to offer!
A Guide to the best areas to rent in Bristol
To help you get ready for your move, we have put together a handy guide to the best areas for renting in Bristol, which will give you lots of useful insights, helping you choose the most suited for your needs.
We have broken down some of the most popular areas in Bristol to give you an idea of what each place has to offer:
- Redland: this neighbourhood offers the perfect combination between quite suburban life and easy access to the centre of Bristol. Known for its Georgian buildings and historical sites, Redland is also close to the University of Bristol. The neighbourhood is among the most popular for students, young professionals and, thanks to the many great schools in the area, families.
- Clifton: known for being on the expensive end of the renting spectrum, Clifton is one of the most beautiful areas in Bristol. Popular for its picturesque streets, the safe streets of Clifton are lined with Victorian and Georgian townhouses and villas. The area has a low crime rate, top schools and is in close proximity to Bristol city centre.
- Bedminster: popular for the development it has received over the past few years, Bedminster is home to the renowned Airpoint Apartment Building, which offers 6-storeys of flats, as well as a rooftop SkyPark. Besides the modern construction, Bedminster is also known for being a stone’s throw from the city centre as well as the picturesque River Avon and the greenery of Victoria Park.
And the list continues…
- Horfield: also close to the city centre, Horfield is a popular neighbourhood, suitable for students, professionals, and families alike. The area is a short car or bus ride away from the city centre and it offers a broad range of local amenities, from lively pubs to parks and shops.
- Emersons Green: unlike the previous areas, Emersons Green is a little further out from the city centre, situated at about 30 minutes away from central Bristol. Being further away from the city centre, the area is more affordable than the previous ones, offering a mix of flats and houses that are perfect for families or professionals looking for a quieter, suburban place to live. Crime rates are also very low and you will find some fantastic schools and lots of green space in the area.
- Westbury-on-Trym: a picturesque village sat just a few miles from Bristol’s city centre, this is the best of both worlds, perfect for residents who need easy access to the city but are looking for a quieter place to live. Westbury-on-Trym is ideal for families with young children thanks to the many wonderful schools it has to offer and its safe and clean surroundings. The area is also rich in local amenities and parks, offering something for everyone!
How self-storage can help you with your move
Moving can be a stressful business, but with a little bit of organisation, things can go as smooth as you like.
Vanguard are proud to offer storage solution that are suitable to any of your needs – whether you’re moving to a student hall during term time only and need somewhere to store your belongings, or you’re moving into your new property and need somewhere to store your boxes while you paint and decorate – there is a locker for everyone’s needs at Vanguard Storage!
For over 55 years, at Vanguard, we have provided friendly, efficient, safe, and secure storage to individuals, businesses and students, offering storage units that go from compact 10 sq ft ones to large 150 sq ft units. Our Bristol branch is located in Redfield, in the heart of the city, allowing you easy access to your belongings, whenever you need them.
Our self storage units are under constant CCTV surveillance, but our security measures don’t stop there. The storage centres are fitted with burglar and fire alarms, with entry limited to authorised individuals only. With Vanguard Self Storage Bristol, you can rest assured that your belongings are always safe and sound.